We are recruiting an Engineer to join our established team. The role is to manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue, supporting site teams until Estate completions handover. Providing a practical and cost effective technical service…
|No. of positions:
We are recruiting an Engineer to join our established team. The role is to manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue, supporting site teams until Estate completions handover. Providing a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation and engineering design, the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions.
- Advise the business on Technical viability of new sites.
- Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals; and required working drawings.
- Prepare outline engineering schematics for site appraisals and tender applications.
- Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired, to facilitate future investigations/working drawings.
- Brief engineering consultants on scope of design, in line with Lioncourt principles.
- Design within budget set by others and report any overspend to Engineering Manager
- Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants.
- Initial negotiations / enquiries with statutory bodies on environmental, structural, drainage, highways and other engineering issues.
- Manage initial technical submission for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278).
- Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments and external bodies.
- Obtain statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements and assist development engineer in subsequent adoptions/estate completions in a timely manner.
- Assist in obtaining planning permissions and the discharge of conditions.
- Support in the preparation of Sales and Legal Information e.g. Conveyance plans, sales complex plans etc.
- Secure relevant wayleaves and easements as applicable.
- Support internal departments and respond to technical queries.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- Ensure that developments, at all times, meet legal guidelines such as H&S, CDM etc.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Prepare and appoint suitable managing agents for private works.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life. The focus in the role is both:
- Internal: Colleagues within the Company; and
- External: Consultants, managers in both Local Authorities and Statutory Bodies.
Decision Making Authority
- Appointment of Consultants in consultation with line manager
- Agreement of fees for consultants in line with budget
- Agreement of details with statutory authorities
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
We will offer a competitive salary and a working environment and culture which is friendly, dynamic, supportive and one which encourages your career development.