Find a new home from Lioncourt
The role is a training and development position to gain knowledge, understanding and assist the Engineering Team in the management of the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue, supporting site teams and Estate completions handover.
|No. of positions:||1|
Job Title: Assistant Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Lioncourt Group is unique within the house building industry and we are very proud to be distinctly different. It is our culture, focus on quality and success that inspires all employees in the Lioncourt Group to deliver exceptional performance.
Throughout our 15 years in operation, we have made massive strides to grow the business and have also been nimble on our feet to quickly adapt to changing market conditions.
Today we have an impressive management team at all levels throughout the organisation and this new role provides an opportunity to drive additional growth and to participate in the key decisions to take the business into a new era.
Our culture is a key ingredient of our success and is one of devolving decision making and providing support to everyone who works within the business, as well as our business partners. The key pillars of our culture are:
Pride – pride in our work, our Company and our achievements.
Trust – we trust each other’s ability to do our roles, we are honest, we have integrity and respect for everyone.
Agility – we adapt quickly to change and have created a supportive but flexible environment.
Quality – we are all highly driven by quality and are proud to be a 5 star home builder. We are focused on quality of build, design and customer service.
Fulfilling – working at Lioncourt is a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The role is a training and development position to gain knowledge, understanding and assist the Engineering team in the management of the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue, supporting site teams and Estate completions handover.
To learn, support and assist in the following:
– Advise the business on technical viability of new sites.
– Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals and required working drawings.
– Prepare outline engineering schematics for site appraisals and tender applications.
– Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired, to facilitate future investigations/working drawings.
– Brief engineering consultants on scope of design, in line with Lioncourt principles.
– Design within budget set by others and report any overspend to Engineering Manager.
– Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants.
– Initial negotiations / enquiries with statutory bodies on environmental, structural, drainage, highways and other engineering issues.
– Manage initial technical submission for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278).
– Issuing engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments and external bodies.
– Obtain statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements and assist development engineer in subsequent adoptions/estate completions in a timely manner.
– Obtaining planning permissions and the discharge of conditions.
– Sales and Legal Information e.g. conveyance plans, sales complex plans etc.
– Secure relevant wayleaves and easements as applicable.
– Support internal departments and respond to technical queries.
– Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
– Ensure that developments, at all times, meet legal guidelines such as H&S, CDM etc.
– At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
– Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
– Prepare and appoint suitable managing agents for private works.
– 5* GCSEs at grade A-C including English and Maths
– 3 A Levels or equivalent qualifications
– Problem solver with a keen eye for detail, reliable, hardworking, engaged with a willing attitude
– Experience in working with Auto CAD
– Auto CAD competent, innovative, flexible and adaptable
– HND/C or Degree level attainment in a engineering or construction fields
– 2 years experience within an engineering role within a home builder
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role – call Liz Macklin, HR Manager on 07591 200 656.Apply Now